Principles of Catholic Identity in Education
Principles of Catholic Identity in Education articulates elements the Church expects to find in all Catholic schools and which distinguish them from other schools. The principles are derived from Church documents related to education, including the documents of Vatican II, documents from the Vatican Congregation for Catholic Education, and the writings of various Popes. The five principles are:
- Inspired by Divine Mission
- Models Christian Communion
- Encounters Christ in Prayer, Scripture, and Sacraments
- Integrally Forms the Human Person
- Imparts a Christian Understanding of the World
Each principle includes a summary which is comprehensive, yet concise, and reflects the language found in the Church documents.